Thursday, April 20, 2017

Central India from the air

Last February 12, 2017, I departed Mumbai airport and flew back to Bangkok for my connecting flight to Manila. I did not go out after the Asia Liberty Forum (ALF), I went straight to the airport from the hotel. Below are some photos I took when the plane (Jet Airways) took off from the airport. Not so clear, either the plane's window was dirty or my phone camera's lens.

 

Mumbai is the commercial center of India so it has plenty of tall buildings, but also lots of informal settlements.

 

Here's my flight direction in orange line, Mumbai-Bangkok, about 5 to 6+ hours. The airline used a small B 737 (6 seats per row) plane for the flight. I got this map from the web, it shows a land route from Bangkok to Delhi (green line). I also marked (orange star) the cities in South Asia that I have visited so far -- Kathmandu and Pokhara, Nepal (January 2015), Paro and Thimphu, Bhutan (November 2015), and Mumbai, India (February 2017). My plane from Bhutan-Bangkok also stopped at Guwahati, India to unload passengers then loaded new passengers going to Bangkok. Us Bhutan-Bangkok passengers were not allowed to deplane, we just stayed inside the plane.


I saw many lakes, big and small, from west to east of central India. The place looked generally deforested and land use shifted from forest to agricultural and residential areas.

 

My entry and exit stamp at Mumbai airport, February 9 and 12, respectively.


Below, I got this from one report about NASA's photos of some countries at night. This is India in late 2016, getting brighter, and it is good. A poor country like India should have more power supply at affordable and/or competitive rates.

--------------

See also:

Mumbai Airport, India, February 14, 2017

The Leela Mumbai, India, February 17, 2017

No comments: